Our Transit Future studies and plans for enhanced transit investments in the Triangle Region. Housed in GoTriangle, providers of regional bus and paratransit service and alternative commuting programs, we work with other transportation providers, municipal governments, state and federal agencies and other transportation planning organizations to bring the Triangle’s Transit Future to life!
Key Transit Players
Today in the Triangle, commuters have access to comprehensive public bus service systems. Each municipality and a few universities provide mass transit on a daily basis and additional circulator buses for special events (for example, games and fairs) while GoTriangle provides regional service, connecting communities to work centers and the airport.
GoTriangle (Regional Transit Service) GoSmart (information on bus, bike, and alternative modes)
Organization of this website
- You can use the navigation bar on the right on this page and other pages to navigate between the six sections (About OTF, What’s New, Projects, Multimedia Library, Information Just for You, and Get Involved).
- You can find a new or old report, image, photo, or video in the Library.
- You can search for a topic in the Search Box (shown with the magnifying glass) and have all content and news articles and announcements matching your search topic appear on a results page.
- You can click on a tag to view website content related to that tag or topic. Tags are the most popular topics contained in this website and are shown as white text in black boxes to the right.
- You can join our mailing list by entering your email in the footer on any page of this website.
Organization of your search results
- This website uses individual posts to display news articles or posts (e.g., various documents – maps, forms, reports, and fact sheets – about a single topic) in reverse chronological order so the most recent material is at the top of the page. To find important but older materials, go to the bottom of the page and click on the arrow to see more.