Public Involvement is an essential component of deciding our transit future. The public’s travel needs, knowledge, and perception of transit vehicles, transit service, station locations, and station amenities will affect transit projects. Transit projects have many social and economic benefits for riders as well as non-riders.
GoTriangle welcomes participation from individuals, neighborhoods, community groups, and elected officials through public workshops, our hotline, this website, email, and social media.
The public comment period for the Draft Environmental Impact Statement has closed. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) published the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)/Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation in the Federal Register, on August 28, 2015, beginning the 45-day public comment period for the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit (D-O LRT) Project, which ended at 12:01 a.m. on October 14, 2015.
The DEIS continues to be available for public review on the D-O LRT Project website (ourtransitfuture.com) and at the GoTriangle administrative office (4600 Emperor Boulevard, Suite 100, Durham, North Carolina 27703). Additionally, copies of the DEIS are available in all public libraries in Durham and Orange counties.
GoTriangle held two public information sessions on the DEIS:
• Tuesday, September 15, from 4-7 p.m. at:
The Friday Center:
100 Friday Center Drive,
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
• Saturday, September 19, from 2-5 p.m. at:
Durham Station Transportation Center:
515 W. Pettigrew Street,
Durham, NC 27701
The D-O LRT Project team continues to encourage comments about the proposed D-O LRT Project and the information in the DEIS. If you wish to submit comments you may do so by:
• By email to email@example.com
• By postal mail to: D-O LRT Project – DEIS, c/o Triangle Transit, P.O. Box 530, Morrisville, NC 27560
• By comment card at two public information sessions in September
The proposed Durham-Orange Light Trail Transit Project [in DEIS stage]
• Industry Review: Upcoming Contracting Opportunities Meeting Coming Soon
• List of public meetings
• Public Information Sessions for the Draft Environmental Impact Statement
• The June 2015 public meeting materials are available online here.
• The March 2015 public meeting materials are available online here.
• The 2014 public meeting materials are available online here.
• The 2013 public meeting materials are available online here.